Sunday, October 30, 2011

Exclusive Interview : BAL-istic . Runaway Owl's Society exclusive + world premiere of the track "Millionth And 1st Story"

Interview by Mr. Owl

Yo, so before you read this interview download this amazing track by BAL-istic and it's a world premiere (Produced by Doxc)


World Premiere 



  1.(Mr.Owl) Would you please give a quick introduction of yourself for people who don't know you?
(BAL-istic) Wsup Small Planet, I’m BAL-istic a.k.a…(Listen to my music for other references) suckin wind outta them 25Deuces, Rocky Mount NORTH CAROLINA tryin to fufill the ultimate climax in a cold world.


  2. When and why did you decide to start rapping?
Wrote my first poem in the 4th grade (which was published in some national poetry contest. Hi Mrs. Williams!), started keeping a notebook in the 6th grade (that I still have and will burn wit).  My cousin (Q-Henny) and I use to ride around on bikes rappin and My brothers, cousin (Q-Henny AGAIN) and I (Lee3, Doc) use to record crazy songs (Nicheeee-E-eellle) and crazy radio commercials on a karaoke for fun.  It became a way for me to release ANY FORM of emotion and sentiment.


  2.5. How do you define hip-hop, and where do you feel you fit into that definition?
I Define hip-hop as verbal imagery, expression, creativity, and experience thru rhyme over instruments


  3. What will your future be made of ? ( new project , featuring ect)
RPP (Recording, Promoting, Performing, my life MANTRA).  Collabin wit the big homie D-Hurl (Danny Winzagin) on OUR “Star Skippin” album, this Doxc Project (beats from the producer Doxc), “BIG People” collab (Wsup Joe Mack) releasing random songs, recording wit Martin Lawrence (“The One-Man Band BITCH!”, My cousin) HOPEFULLY video shoots, shows, and a Grammy Performance (cuz I’ve written a track worthy of such notoriety).


  4. Who would you like to work with in the future ?
HOPEFULLY a custom made album wit THE DUDE CANYA REIAL!!, LEE-3 GETTING BAK ON THE BOARDS, and DJ Premier.


  5 .Who are your role model?
Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence, Myron Macklin, Uncle Tite  Mrs. Williams, Ms. Garrett, Mr. (Ben)Richardson, Ms. Doufooshee, Mrs.Pamela Davis (7th grade teacher, R.I.P.), DL Da Shotty, and are all my life inspirations.  No Role Models.


  6. Who and what are your  inspiration to making music?
As far as other artist go; Emaicee, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Big L, Jay-Z, MF DOOM, Eminem (before “The Eminem Show”), The Weathermen (Tage Proto, Yak Ballz, Copywrite, Camu Tao, Jakki da Motormouth, Cage), Underground Hip-Hop, UGK, and everyone Not Sellin they soul PERIOD

  7. What have been the ups and downs since you started making music?
“Every next bar I write (is really the best one)” –BAL-istic, instrumentals, performin on NC State Campus (the college I attended BUT did not graduation from), and the positive responses I got from those close to me on “The Limits” EP, (positive).  Goin to College and ATTEMPTING TO FOCUS ON THAT (when I should have been FOCUSED on my dream, music), insufficient funds, livin in a “Small-town Mind-state” environment (Negatives). 


8. Best music memories ever?
Seein Jay-Z perform (felt sinful), Little Brother (The Listening), seeing Blu and Exile perform, writin; “The Millionth and First Story”, “Amazin Happens” “There’s A War Goin On (We All Apart of)” “Splash”, recordin wit D-Hurl, and every song I write.

  9. What was the first lp/cd/cassette and or mixtape you ever bought with your own money?
“It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot”.  I was 11 (and the store sold it to me).  My dad found it and made me listen to it with him.  TOO embarrassing.

  10. How do you spoil yourself? 
Riding around Just listenin to MYSELF (“I don’t Fuks Wit Nobody” –BAL-istic). 

  11. Talk about your hometown.
Small-Town Mindstate”  (comin Sooner than Later)

  12.The featuring you would kill for?
MF DOOM!!!

  13. Who's been supporting you and your career?
Mrs. Lawrence, Lee3, The “Art Ninja” (@MyronMacklin.com), Doc, Toodie, “Danny Winzagin” (www.dhurl.com), Mr. Lorrick, B-Dot, @FAME_Rogers, and everyone who’s taken the time to listen to me and “The Limits” EP.

  14. What do you think his overrated in the rap game?
“The Hottest”.  I’ve learned that doesn’t mean you’re ill, a beast.  You’re just what statistics are listenin to (FUK YOU radio and 106nPark for a fukin blacklist).


  15. Who do you think is the best producer alive?
DJ PREMIER.


  16. Who would be your ideal diner guest, living or dead, and what would you serve theme+ what music would you play?
Esperanza Spalding BECUZ I want her.  We would eat whatever she desired, my mom would cook (BECUZ SHE IS THE GREATEST COOK EVER!!) while listening to “Songs in the Key of Life” by Stevie Wonder.

  17. thank you for taking the time out to speak to us any final words,and or shout outs you wanna give?
CHEK OUT “THE LIMITS” EP (Produced by Canya Reial), Keep Chekin for BAL-istic (BAL-istic.bandcamp.com), AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!  What you kno goodie Lawrence and Macklin Family, Mr. and MRS. Lawrence, LEE-3, Emaicee a.k.a. Artninja.com (@MyronMacklin), Toodie(@Toodiek31), Doc (in NO PARTICULAR ORDER!!), @QHenny83, @MajorLeagueMWL, Alvin, Joe-Mack, Leon (Macklins), Uncle Tite, Mr. Lorrick, JD (J-Reid), B-Dot, @DHurlBeats (Dhurl.com), Adarryl, @FAME_Rogers, @JoeDun4President, Adid the Abstract, @Al_Be, Ryan (BFAM), Kashville, Armstrong Projects, Rocky Mount, THE ENTIRE 25Deuces, NORTH CAROLINA, Canya Reial (Canyareial.bandcamp.com), Black FEEZO ( I see you @HoliWud), Yannik Pyton (RUNAWAY OWL'S SOCIETY  Blogspot), Courvoisier, Mary Jane, WOMEN/LADIES, and this “Small Planet”.  HONEST!!!
Dope Music/Hip-Hop by BAL-istic




BAL-istic on the net: 





Mad love to BAL-istic for the time he give me for this interview
                                                    Mr.Owl

4 comments:

  1. Preciate this Runaway Owl's Society. It means the World!! First step of many which you'll be apart of. Keep postin and believin in GREAT MUSIC!!! HONEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I got the BIGGEST,CHEESY SMILE on my Face right NOW!! :-) SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU BRO!! Love you and always do ya THANG BRO!! Stay EZ!
    Love
    Your STAR & Beautiful Sister,
    Toodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just the beginning for BAL-istic and the Runaway Owl's Society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fame checking in the interview was motivation classic if u ask me.The talent of such a MC like bal-istic is taken for granted but soon people will see what i been saying for years hes real HIP HOP raw an uncut a person i respect when it comes to just rippin every beat he gets on....THE TOP IS THE ONLY PLACE LEFT TO GO

    ReplyDelete